Are you experiencing this?
You are a fresh graduate you lack experience, and the job market is very competitive. You also have student loan debt, which adds to your financial burden. Additionally, you feel uncertain about your future career, and you don’t know what kind of job you want or what industry you want to work in.
Despite these challenges, you have many desires. You want to find a good job that is a good fit for your skills and interests, and that pays well and has good benefits. You are eager to start your career and gain experience, and to make money and live comfortably. You also want to have a successful career and advance in your field, and to have a meaningful impact on the world.
Challenges for Fresh Graduates:
- Lack of experience: Many fresh graduates feel that they don’t have enough experience to compete for jobs. This can lead to frustration and discouragement.
- Job market competition: The job market can be very competitive, especially for fresh graduates. This can make it difficult to find a job, and it can also lead to low salaries.
- Student loan debt: Many fresh graduates have student loan debt, which can add to their financial burden.
- Lack of financial security: Many fresh graduates are struggling to find stable and well-paying jobs. This can lead to financial insecurity and anxiety.
- Uncertainty about the future: Fresh graduates often feel uncertain about their future careers. They may not know what kind of job they want, or what industry they want to work in. This can lead to stress and anxiety.
What Fresh Graduates Desire:
- Find a good job: Fresh graduates want to find a good job that is a good fit for their skills and interests. They also want to find a job that pays well and has good benefits.
- Start their career: Fresh graduates are eager to start their careers and gain experience. They want to learn new things and make a contribution to the workforce.
- Make money: Fresh graduates want to make enough money to pay their bills and live comfortably. They also want to be able to save money for the future.
- Have a successful career: Fresh graduates want to have successful careers. They want to advance in their careers and achieve their professional goals.
- Have a meaningful impact: Fresh graduates want to have a meaningful impact on the world. They want to work on projects that make a difference and that they can be proud of.
Do you know?
A study by the National Association of Colleges and Employers found that employers value fresh graduates’ skills and knowledge, as well as their adaptability and flexibility.
The study found that 90% of employers believe that fresh graduates have the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in their jobs. Additionally, 85% of employers believe that fresh graduates are adaptable and flexible, and 80% of employers believe that fresh graduates are eager to learn and grow.
These findings suggest that employers need and value skilled fresh graduates. Employers who hire skilled fresh graduates are investing in the future of their companies.
- Fresh graduates have up-to-date skills and knowledge. Fresh graduates have just finished their education, so they have the most up-to-date skills and knowledge in their field. This is especially important in industries where technology is rapidly changing.
- Fresh graduates are eager to learn and grow. Fresh graduates are eager to learn new things and to prove themselves. They are also willing to put in the hard work to advance their careers.
- Fresh graduates are adaptable and flexible. Fresh graduates have not yet developed set habits or routines. This makes them more adaptable and flexible than more experienced workers. They are also more likely to be open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
- Fresh graduates are diverse and inclusive. Fresh graduates come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. This diversity can be a valuable asset to any organization.
Reasons why Digital skills are important for final-year students:
- Digital skills are in high demand. The digital economy is growing rapidly, and employers are struggling to find qualified candidates with the necessary skills. According to a recent report by the World Economic Forum, 94% of employers believe that digital skills will be critical for success in the future of work.
- Digital skills can help you get a job. In a competitive job market, digital skills can give you a significant advantage over other candidates. Employers are more likely to hire candidates who have the skills they need to succeed in the digital workplace.
- Digital skills can help you advance your career. Once you have a job, digital skills can help you advance your career and earn a higher salary. Employees with digital skills are more likely to be promoted and given leadership opportunities.
If you’re a final-year student who is looking to get hired after graduation, it’s important to start developing your digital skills now. There are many different ways to learn digital skills, including online courses, bootcamps, and internships.
Here are a few specific digital skills that are in high demand in today’s job market:
- Data analysis
- Content marketing
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Pay-per-click (PPC) advertising
- Web development
- Digital design
- Cloud computing
No matter what your discipline is, there are many ways to incorporate digital skills into your studies and career plans. By developing your digital skills, you can make yourself more marketable to potential employers and increase your chances of landing your dream job.
Digital Skills are in High demand:
- According to a recent report by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), the Indian digital marketing industry is expected to grow to ₹35,800 crore by 2025.
- A report by LinkedIn found that digital skills are the most in-demand skills in India, with over 40% of job postings requiring digital skills.
- A survey by Nasscom found that 80% of employers in India believe that digital skills are essential for success in the workplace.
- According to a report by Indeed, the average salary for a digital marketing professional in India is ₹6.5 lakhs per annum.
- The demand for digital skills is far outpacing the supply in India. According to a report by NASSCOM, the Indian IT industry will need 1.5 million new employees with digital skills by 2023.
The Top 5 Tech companies enabling Digital skills in India
- Google India: Google India launched the “Skills for Jobs” program in 2018 to train and certify 10 million Indians in digital skills.
- Microsoft India: Microsoft India launched the “Microsoft India Digital Skills Academy” in 2021 to train and certify 1 million Indians in digital skills.
- Amazon India: Amazon India launched the “Amazon India Digital Skills Academy” in 2022 to train and certify 100,000 Indians in digital skills.
- Meta India: Meta India launched the “Meta Skills for Business” program in 2022 to train and certify 1 million Indians in digital marketing skills.
- IBM India: IBM India launched the “IBM SkillsBuild” program in 2019 to train and certify 500,000 Indians in digital skills, including cloud computing, data science, and artificial intelligence.
Digital Skills and Career Opportunities in India
|Digital Skill||Joining Position||Growth Options||Starting Salary (INR)|
|Data Analysis||Data Analyst||Data Scientist, Lead Data Analyst||5-7 LPA|
|Content Marketing||Content Writer||Content Strategist, Head of Content||4-6 LPA|
|Social Media Marketing||Social Media Manager||Social Media Strategist, Head of Social Media||4-6 LPA|
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO)||SEO Specialist||SEO Manager, Lead SEO Specialist||5-7 LPA|
|Pay-per-Click (PPC) Advertising||PPC Specialist||PPC Manager, Lead PPC Specialist||5-7 LPA|
|Web Development||Web Developer||Web Development Lead, Software Engineer||5-7 LPA|
|Digital Design||Graphic Designer||UX/UI Designer, Digital Design Lead||4-6 LPA|
|E-commerce||E-commerce Specialist||E-commerce Manager, Head of E-commerce||5-7 LPA|
|Cloud Computing||Cloud Architect||Cloud Engineer, Cloud Solutions Architect||6-8 LPA|
FREE Resources to learn essential Digital Skills:
|Coursera||Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Professional Certificate||6 months||Google Digital Marketing & E-Commerce Certificate||lanredahunsi.com|
Google Digital Marketing & ECommerce Professional Certificate course on Coursera
|Coursera||Data Science for Beginners||4 months||Coursera Certificate||www.linkedin.com|
Data Science for Beginners course on Coursera
|Coursera||The Complete Web Development Bootcamp||6 months||Coursera Certificate||www.udemy.com|
Complete Web Development Bootcamp course on Coursera
|Coursera||Python 3 Programming for Beginners||3 months||Coursera Certificate||www.coursera.org|
Python 3 Programming for Beginners course on Coursera
|Coursera||Cloud Computing Fundamentals||3 months||Coursera Certificate||www.coursera.org|
Cloud Computing Fundamentals course on Coursera
|Udemy||The Complete Digital Marketing Course – 12 Courses in 1!||19 hours||Udemy Certificate of Completion||www.udemy.com|
Complete Digital Marketing Course 12 Courses in 1! course on Udemy
|Udemy||The Complete Python Bootcamp: From Zero to Hero in Python 3||21 hours||Udemy Certificate of Completion||www.udemy.com|
Complete Python Bootcamp: From Zero to Hero in Python 3 course on Udemy
|Udemy||Data Science & Machine Learning Bootcamp||17 hours||Udemy Certificate of Completion||www.udemy.com|
Data Science & Machine Learning Bootcamp course on Udemy
|Udemy||AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2023||8 hours||Udemy Certificate of Completion||www.udemy.com|
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2023 course on Udemy
|edX||Introduction to Digital Marketing||4 weeks||edX Certificate||priyadogra.com|
Introduction to Digital Marketing course on edX
|edX||Python for Data Science||6 weeks||edX Certificate||linkedin.com|
Python for Data Science course on edX
|edX||Web Development with Python and Django||6 weeks||edX Certificate||www.edx.org|
Web Development with Python and Django course on edX
|edX||Machine Learning with Python||6 weeks||edX Certificate||www.edx.org|
Machine Learning with Python course on edX
|edX||Cloud Computing with AWS||5 weeks||edX Certificate||aws.amazon.com|
Cloud Computing with AWS course on edX
Time-plan for Final year students to get a Dream Job
As a final year student, you should create a time plan to help stay on track and achieve your goals. A time plan helps prioritize the tasks, reduce stress, and be more efficient. In addition, a time plan also helps students achieve their specific goals, such as learning new skills, getting certified, building a portfolio, and getting a dream job. Below is a suggestive time-plan to prepare yourself to start a Digital career in your final year:
Year 3, Semester 1
- Identify your interests and career goals.
- Research different industries and companies.
- Identify the skills and qualifications required for your dream job.
- Start developing your skills through online courses, internships, and volunteer work.
- Create a LinkedIn profile and start networking with professionals in your field.
Year 3, Semester 2
- Continue developing your skills and experience.
- Start building your portfolio.
- Attend industry events and meetups.
- Network with recruiters and hiring managers.
Year 4, Semester 1 (if you are in a 4 year Degree program)
- Continue building your portfolio and networking with professionals in your field.
- Update your resume and start applying for jobs.
- Prepare for job interviews.
Year 4, Semester 2 (if you are in a 4 year Degree program)
- Continue applying for jobs and interviewing for positions.
- Accept your dream job!
Here are some specific tips for each stage of the timeline:
- Take advantage of the resources available to you at your university. Many universities offer free or discounted online courses to students.
- Look for online courses that are accredited and that offer industry-recognized certificates.
- Attend industry events and workshops to learn from experts in your field.
- Volunteer with organizations in your field to gain experience and build your network.
- Identify the certifications that are required or valued for your dream job.
- Prepare for and take the certification exams.
- List your certifications on your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- Your portfolio should showcase your skills and experience.
- Include samples of your work, such as projects, code, case studies, and blog posts.
- Make sure your portfolio is well-organized and easy to navigate.
- Ask friends, family, and mentors to review your portfolio and give you feedback.
- Attend industry events and meetups to meet professionals in your field.
- Connect with people on LinkedIn and reach out to them for informational interviews.
- Join online communities and forums related to your field.
- Be active on social media and share your work and insights.
- Tailor your resume and cover letter to each job you apply for.
- Practice your interviewing skills with friends, family, or a career counselor.
- Follow up with recruiters and hiring managers after job interviews.
What are you waiting for? Start creating your time plan today! And remember, if you need help, there are people who are willing to support you. Talk to your professors, career counselors, or mentors. They can help you stay on track and achieve your goals.
Sign up for a free career consultation today and learn how Learnpact can help you achieve your career goals!