How to Pass Zend PHP 5.3 exam in first attempt?
Guide to Zend PHP 5 Certification
Prove your expertise in PHP 5.x and become a Zend Certified Engineer (
What to prepare?
- Have a clear working idea about syntax, operators, variables, constants & functions.
- PHP 5.3 supports OOPs concept. Practice by implementing classes & coding for inheritance. A good example can be found here
- Get yourself acquainted about Information Security concepts like XSS, DDoS & cross-site request
- Learn XML basics, simpleXML, XML extension, XML Parsing and Xpath. Though not compulsory – learning JSON is also a good idea.
- Practice implementing web services using SOAP and REST.
- Practice all SQL queries, Triggers, JOINS and prepared statements
- This may seem easy – Understand GET and POST inside out.
- Understand string manipulation functions
- Practice configuring session security and ways to stop session hijacking
- Working with Apache server – various configurations (.htaccess, php.ini, virtual host) etc
Where to give the exam?
- Exam is conducted at your nearest Pearson VUE training center (http://www.pearsonvue.com/)
- Register for the exam via telephone or email(differs by country; please check online)
- Bring 2 IDs, as photo proof and signature proof.
- You will receive “scratch“ paper or an erasable board for calculations at the time you take the test
- You are not permitted to bring any form of materials into the exam room.
How does a typical PHP 5.3 Question paper look like?
Based on our survey conducted in 2012 – a typical PHP 5.3 question paper would have questions from the following topics.
- HTML and Forms (POST data, security, escaping, etc) – 15 questions
- Strings and regex – 15 questions
- Headers, sessions, cookies, etc – 8 questions
- Arrays – 30 questions
- New PHP 5.3 features – 7 questions
- XML (SimpleXML, DOM, XPath, etc) – 11 questions
- OOP and design patterns – 7 questions
- AJAX (incl. JSON) – 4 questions
- DB (PDO, storing/displaying data) – 6 questions
- Email related– 3 questions
So you have to answer a Total of 70 randomly generated questions, which must be answered in 90 minutes. You’ll immediately get your test result from the testing center; usually printed out– Passed or Failed.
- Be careful when entering the answer! – No whitespace, explanations, comments
- Use lowercase letters with functions
- You can mark questions for review later – use it to save time
- You can go back to questions you have marked, but not the others, so keep this in mind.
Common Myths about the PHP 5.3 exam
- You have to write lengthy programs during the exam
- You have to memorize the PHP manual
What happens after you clear the exam?
Your profile with a Photo appears on PHP Yellow Pages – a global directory of PHP experts who have achieved the highest PHP accreditation.
How to self-study?
- Book Recommendation from Learnpact: Zend PHP5 Certification Study Guide
- Essential PHP Security
- PHP 5 Objects, Patterns, and Practice
- Buy Zend online test and practice
Are you Looking for PHP Certification Training?
If you are looking for classroom training for your company employees or for yourself – enroll for our Advanced PHP Training course and get certified by Zend. Fill this form to get more info on PHP Certification from Learnpact …