Certificate: Certificate in Magento E-Commerce CMS Instructor to Participant Ratio: 1 : 5 *
Course Details: Duration: 30 Hours Includes Mini Project: 4 Hours Placement Assistance: ✔
Training Mode: In-person ✔ Online ✔ On-site ✔
Learn to setup & manage your online store with Magento
Course designed for Business owners & Developers
The Magento course is designed to build your knowledge and get hands-on experience in building a online e-commerce website. The basic to Intermediate level covers ways to manage the product catalogue and create products; how to process orders and deal with sales and customer enquiries. This gives you hands on experience on using the great inbuilt marketing and promotional tools; using the content management system to an advanced level and the knowledge to use multiple stores and websites from one Magento installation.
- ✔ Overview of the Magento Catalogue
- ✔ Creating and Managing Attributes and Attribute Sets
- ✔ Creating and Managing Store Products
- ✔ Managing Categories
- ✔ Advanced Categories Features
- ✔ Customer Service
- ✔ Processing Online Orders
- ✔ Using Magento to Deal with Telephone/Offline orders
- ✔ The Inbuilt Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- ✔ Managing Reusable Content with Static Blocks & Widgets
- ✔ Overview of the Marketing Tools within Magento
- ✔ SEO – Search Engine Optimization for Magento
What version of Magento will be used to train?
Magento Course Outcome?
By the end of this course, uou will learn the important basics of Magento and by the end of the day will be able to successfully build a Magento site from scratch by yourself. The course is divided into 2 parts – one for beginners and the other for advanced users.
Magento E-Commerce CMS - Course Topics
Overview of the Magento Catalogue
- How the catalogue is put together
- The important terminology
- How to plan your catalogue and what to do before you put your first product in
- Safeguarding yourself so mistakes can be reversed
- How to plan your catalogue and make changes to your catalogue which will make life easier and save time in the long run.
Creating and Managing Attributes and Attribute Sets
- The importance of attributes when creating a catalogue
- Knowing what the different types of attributes are and what to use them for
- Creating attribute sets and other tasks before you set up a product
- The use of specific attributes for configurable products
Creating and Managing Store Products
- The step by step process for creating a product for the first time
- Understanding all of the different product types and when to use them
- The trouble-shooters checklist that will save you time when resolving problems with products on your store
- Setting up each of the product types
- Understanding Magento’s inbuilt stock control system
Using Magento to Deal with Telephone/Offline orders
- Setting up a customer account
- Placing an order on an account
- Taking payments over the phone
- How to keep good notes on the order process
- Discounting orders on the fly
- Updating customer records
- Creating and amending address details (including multiple addresses)
- Reordering based on previous orders
- Using customer accounts to help generate upsell opportunities
The Inbuilt Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System
- Keeping notes on each part of an order for future reference and problem solving
- How to keep your customers informed at any/all stages of the ordering process
- Using the CRM to keep your records in check
Using the Inbuilt Emails
- Customising standard emails for example the order email to match your business
- Opportunities to send out order sensitive promotions
Overview of where content can be managed
- Navigation of the backend of the system
- Difference between the content types
- Overview of reusable content
- Ways that Magento deals with seasonality
- Common mistakes to avoid when promoting products
- The value of sampling and split testing to ensure always improving results
- The categories options
- Understanding when to use root categories and when to use sub-categories
- Defining products within a category
- Using reusable content (static blocks) and images within the category
Advanced Categories Features
- Setting up filtering so that customers can restrict the view of products to the ones they are looking for
- Adding custom sort facilities
- Introduction to the areas of Magento for Sales and Customer Service staff
- Understanding the order process and each of the steps
- How the different ways to pay could affect an order
- The importance of good record keeping to solve future problems and queries
- How to quickly find orders or customers
Processing Online Orders
- The step by step guide to ordering
- How to process a paid order
- Shipping orders and delivery tracking codes
- Issuing credit notes for part or all of an order
- Making adjustments to orders
The Content Management System (CMS)
- Setting up content pages in your store
- Using the WYSIWYG editor to format your content and understanding the elements available
- Using the media centre to store your library of images that are outside of the catalogue
- .Methods to help find images in the future.
- Managing the pages including naming conventions
Managing Reusable Content with Static Blocks & Widgets
- What are static blocks?
- Creating a static block
- Using a static block in your content
- Using static blocks in product categories
- Introduction to widgets – what are they?
- Using widgets in pages of content
- Using widgets to create product/ category specific content
- Using widgets to put content information on any page of your site (including checkout process, registration success etc)
Using Variables and Customer Variables
- Reduce the risk of error and repetition with the use of variables
- Setting up and using the system variables
- Configuring custom variables and where to use them
- Using variables to create managable marketing messages Overview of the Marketing Tools within Magento
- What you can do within the Magento system to promote your products
Running and Managing your own Promotions
- Using special prices
- Cross-selling, up-selling and related products
- Time dependant offers
- What’s the difference between Shopping Cart Rules and Catalogue Rules?
- Where are shopping cart rules used?
- Setting up vouchers
- Setting up group specific offers
- Using the query builder to create sophisticated and targeted offers
- What are catalogue rules users?
- Setting up simple sales
- Setting up sophisticated sales
- Using catalogue rules to make your promotions easier to manage
Search Engine Optimisation for Magento
- Optimising products to be ‘Search Friendly
- Identifying keywords and phrases that will generate sales
- How to ensure your website is not seen as ‘spam’ by the search engines
Customising your Store
- How easy it can be to install a completely new look for your store using themes
- Changing the default content which appears on your store
- Applying mobile themes
- Simple changes so the store looks good on mobile devices and desktops
Introducing the Multi Stores features
- Currency conversion versus base currencies
- Setting up a simple currency convertor
- Setting exchange rates
- The user experience
- Creating store views
- How editing products and categories changes when you are using a multistore system
- Assigning currency
- How to change product names and descriptions for each store view
- Applying independent themes
Magento for Developers
- Understanding Magento
- Magento Architecture
- Magento Page Flow
- ZEND Architecture
- Database Model
- Magento Modules
- Overriding existing modules
- Overriding Controllers
- Overriding Model
- Overriding Views
- Create Forms
- Analyzing Magento theme
- Creating Magento Theme
- Overriding Existing Magento Themes
Magento E-Commerce CMS - FAQ
Learnpact Magento course is a hands-on, instructor-led and classroom based available in Chennai & Kolkata city. This training can be taken in part-time morning / afternoon / evening slot or even on the weekends.
This course is for anyone involved in running & setting up a Magento store. You should be computer literate but you DO NOT need to be a developer. You should attend this workshop if you are responsible for the day to day running of your store or if you want to success in online retailing.
Yes, To document your achievement, Learnpact will proudly present you with a certification award when you finish the course successfully.
Yes, we have special batches and workshops on weekends. You can join our one-to-one or/and group training program as well.
Yes, Learnpact has Placement tie-ups with more than 100 companies in Chennai, Kolkata. Our dedicated HR desk is tasked to put your profile in front the right Hiring Managers.
Yes, Learnpact also arrange corporate trainings if a group of people (minimum 5) are willing to undergo Magento training at their office premises. Corporate Training can be arranged in any city of India. Get in touch with us for more details.
I already know PHP; but i am new to Magento. The training helped me develop my first project in Magento from scratch.
Pawan K, Sr. Developer – Pegasys Systems
I attended the Free Workshop on Magento from Learnpact. It was very good and i would like to learn more during the weekends.
I am a Web Designer. But without knowing PHP; i am able to develop database driven E-commerce website with Magento now. Thank you Learnpact.